Your online identity...
If you live in Australia, run a business in Australia, and sell to Australians, why would you host your website overseas where support and speed are compromised?
We provide quick, easy to manage and reliable website hosting within Australia and help you take full control of your chosen solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's included with my Domain Name?
Our prices include all administrative and registry fees for the number of years you are registered with us.
We also include fast domain approval and free renewal reminders.
How do I register a Domain Name?
Type the domain name you would like to register into the Domain Search box above these questions. If it is available, the order form will ask all required questions and take your payment. If this domain is already reserved, please try again with another domain name.
There is no limit to how many domain names you can register. You need to meet the eligibility criteria for each one you register.
The valid characters for use in all domain names are:
- Any of the letters a to z. Example qwertyu.com.au.
- Any numbers 0 to 9. Example 90182801.com.au.
- You may also use a hyphen (-) Example: domain-with-hyphens.com.au.
- The domain can be a combination of letters, numbers and hyphens.
- The domain can begin and end in a number. Example: 8to4.com.au.
- The domain name must be a minimum of 2 characters long.
- The domain name cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
Who own's my domain name?
You purchase a licence for a Domain names. As you hold the domain name licence you can control what that domain does. For example, you can use it to point to a web site or use it for email addresses.
E Connection Pty Ltd registers all domain names in our customer's name. This means that for the duration of the registration period YOU are the licence holder of the domain name.
When the licence is due for renewal, you will be sent a renewal notice with the applicable fee. If you do not renew the licence, then it will become available for any eligible applicant to register on a first come first served basis.
Can I register .com.au domain names?
To be eligible for a domain name in the com.au 2LD, registrants must be:
- a. an Australian registered company; or
- b. trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
- c. an Australian partnership or sole trader; or
- d. a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- e. an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- f. an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark 1; or
- g. an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
- h. an Australian commercial statutory body
Can I transfer my domain name?
To start the transfer of your domain name, click on the "Transfer Domains" button above these questions. This will provide you with a transfer form to be filled out to start the process. Some transfers take up to 10 days to be completed after approved.
For E Connection Pty Ltd to complete your domain name transfer request, we require transfer approval from you (the domain's official Administrative Contact). You will receive an email confirming transfer to us, which we will require you to accept this to be able to complete your transfer. When the transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
You may also need to enter the domain’s "registry/domain key", "domain password" or "EPP code" which will need to be provided by your current provider. For .au domain names, you will be able to obtain the domain password by using this link: http://admin.auda.org.au/passwordMail/PasswordMail If you want to change the ownership of your domain license to another person/corporate, please contact us using the contact form at the top of our page.
How can I manage my domain name?
You can manage your domain name including updating your contact details and changing your name servers in the e) Portal which is available using the link at the top of this page.
What payment methods do you accept?
We use PayPal to process your online payments. As such, we can accept payment from your PayPal account, bank account, credit card or even debit card. You can view all of your invoices and services in the e) Portal which is available using the link at the top of this page.
What terms and conditions am I bound to?
What hosting do I need?
What do I do if I lost my password?
You can reset your password by clicking on this link: https://secure.e-connection.com.au/portal/pwreset.php. If you need help, please contact us using the link at the top of the page.
Domain Name Extensions
Web Hosting Features
- Apache PHP Linux Hosting
- ASP.NET Windows Hosting
- Plesk / cPanel options
- MySql and Microsoft SQL Databases
- Webmail, POP3 and IMAP mailboxes
- Low Latency Australian Hosting
- Dedicated IP addresses
- 24/7 FTP Access
- Daily Backup
- Most Domain Names including .com.au
- SSL Certificates
- SpamAssassin & Barracuda Filtering
Please contact us for any unlisted services such as SSL certificates and reseller options. Prices are in Australian dollars, include 10% GST and must be pre-paid. All web-products provided by E Connection Pty Ltd are bound by our Terms of Service and our Acceptable Usage Policy